Humanize transactions to increase sales & customer satisfaction
Have you ever felt like just another number in the big corporate machine, whether you’re buying or selling? Technology makes things convenient, but sometimes we forget there's a human on the other end. Here's how to switch things up!
Add a dash of personality to your business. It’s like giving a handshake through the screen or the product. Small gestures can make both your team and customers feel more connected and valued.
Let's get personal
Here’s the lowdown:
- For customers: Picture this: You check into a hotel, and there’s a handwritten note from the cleaning staff. Feels good, right? Or imagine ordering a burger and seeing the chef's smiling face on the app. Makes the whole experience feel a bit more special.
- For workers: Flip the script and let your team see who they’re helping. Maybe it's a customer’s photo in the support ticket, or stories of how their work made someone’s day. It's all about making work feel more rewarding.
The magic happens when...
- Customers feel the love: Knowing who made your soap or brewed your beer makes you feel more connected. It's like your latte is being made by a friend, not just Barista #237.
- Employees get the big picture: Signing off their work or hearing customer stories can make your team feel like rock stars. It's the difference between being a cog in the machine and the artist of the masterpiece.
People connect with people, not pixels. So think of ways to help others (customers and employees) remember that there's a human on the other end.
Why it works 🤔
We’re talking basic human psychology here. People crave connections and meaning. Millennials and Gen Z are leading the charge, trading materialism for meaning and relationships.
How to make it happen
- Little gestures, big impact: Get creative. Could your team sign off their work? Maybe include a fun fact about themselves?
- Consent is key: Always get the thumbs up before sharing any personal info. Privacy matters!
- Avoid the oops: If there’s even a whiff of potential discrimination or privacy invasion, back up and try something else.
So there you have it. A simple tweak to your approach can turn transactions into connections. Give it a whirl and watch the magic happen 🪄✨
Until next week, keep adding that human touch to your business and cash in those smiles for sales!
Want to learn more? 🤓
If you want to learn more about this topic, you can dig into the nerdy details in the original marketing study.
Quote of the week 💬
"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel."
- Carl W. Buechner