How often should you post on Instagram?
Let's talk social media and about what's the sweet spot for posting content. Ready? Let’s dive in!
On Instagram, aim for around 45 posts per month to keep your followers engaged. It's like seasoning food – just enough is delicious, too much, and you'll ruin the dish.
Researchers found that this is the Goldilocks zone for Instagram posts. If you post more than this you'll risk annoying your audience and could lose followers. But if you post less than this, you might miss out on valuable engagement and be just a whisper in the wind.
Why 45? 🤔
So, why is 45 posts the magic number? Two things:
- Familiarity breeds content: Up to 45 posts a month, and you're getting cozy with your followers. It's like becoming regulars at each other's virtual cafes.
- Too much of a good thing: Post more than 45, and it's like that friend who won't stop talking. Suddenly, your content feels like spam, even if it's not.
So try to stick to around 45 posts a month to strike a balance.
Variety is the spice of life 🌶️
If you're hitting near that 45 social media post mark, remember to mix it up to keep it interesting! Change formats, topics, maybe throw in a meme or two. Keep it fresh, like mint gum.
Influencer insights 💡
Are you working with influencers? If so, guide them to this magic number too. Their followers will thank you (and so will their engagement rates), which will also benefit your brand in the end.
But remember... ⚠️
- Different platforms, different rules: 45 posts a month works on Instagram, but TikTok or YouTube? They're different beasts, so tailor your strategy accordingly.
- The times they are a-changin': Algorithms evolve. What works today might need tweaking tomorrow. Stay agile.
- Organic vs. sponsored content: The research this study is based on didn’t differentiate between organic and sponsored, but your audience might. Keep a balance.
How to do it ✅
45 posts a month is a lot of content and it can feel overwhelming, so here are a few tips to help make it happen:
- Pick a network: In the beginning don't try to post on multiple networks, that just spreads you too think. Focus on the one that's a cross between 1) where prospective customers are and 2) where content you like making performs well so you enjoy it.
- Calendarize it: Plan out your posts to hit that sweet spot. Variety is key and planning ahead will make it easier.
- Reuse and recycle: Got a hit post? Bring it back after a while. Not everyone saw it the first time. Plus, reusing content eases the burden.
- Listen to your audience: Engagement dropping? Maybe dial it back. Skyrocketing? You’re onto something, so double down.
So, there you have it. Aim for the recommended post range and keep your content as interesting as that last episode of your favorite show.
Until next time, keep your social media game strong and your content game stronger!
Want to learn more? 🤓
If you want to learn more about this topic, you can dig into the nerdy details in the original marketing study.
Quote of the week 💬
"Content is fire; social media is gasoline."
- Jay Baer