What does "Validated & Secured by POPSMASH" mean?
Consumers and businesses all want the same thing: Safe, reliable interactions online.
Whether it's unethical sweepstakes scamming consumers or spammers defrauding companies, the risks are everywhere.
That's why we take several measures for every campaign on our platform to ensure they are safe and reliable for consumers and businesses. Here's how.
For consumers: Fair & ethical social media giveaways
All giveaways are securely managed through our platform, from user entry to validation and random winner selection. We use the official APIs, validate giveaway entries against the specified entry criteria, and select winners with a truly random algorithm detailed below for transparency.
How random winners are chosen fairly
When selecting a random winner, we use the Mersenne Twister, a random number generator (to be specific, a deterministic random bit generator). It is called this because its period length is chosen to be a Mersenne prime.
Why do we use this random winner selection method?
We use the Mersenne Twister method for winner selection for these reasons:
- This method passes numerous tests for statistical randomness, including the Diehard tests and most of the TestU01 tests.
- This method has an extremely long period of 2^19937 − 1. While a long period is not a guarantee of quality in a random number generator, short periods, such as the 2^32 common in many older software packages, can be problematic.
- It is k-distributed to 32-bit accuracy for every 1 ≤ k ≤ 623.
- This method generally creates random numbers faster than true random methods. A study found that the Mersenne Twister creates 64-bit floating-point random numbers approximately twenty times faster than the hardware-implemented, processor-based RDRAND instruction set.
- This method is permissively-licensed and patent-free, which allows us to use it at no charge, which lowers the cost of our products and services.
The result is that consumers can be confident that any giveaway on our platform is run fairly and that the winner was chosen in a secure, truly random way with no undue influence.
For businesses & brands: High quality, validated contacts
You want to connect with your customers and spend good money to do so. But, unfortunately, there's no shortage of spammy, fraudulent actors out there willing to take your money and give you low-quality, ill-gotten, or downright fake contacts that destroy your list quality and ROI.
When it comes to growing your lists, there are no shortcuts. Prospective customers must be genuinely interested in what you offer. But actively subscribing to your list requires an effort that often takes incentives to discover and overcome. Though we can't make customers want your product, we can offer incentives that make them more likely to join your list to learn more about what you offer.
Additionally, we validate all new contacts with double-opt-in verification to keep your list quality high. This means new subscribers are added to your list only if they validate their contact information (e.g., email address).
A win-win: Better for all
Connecting businesses with customers is what makes the world go around, which makes this a win-win for everyone: Consumers get a fun and engaging way to learn more about brands they love, and businesses get a validated way to establish deeper relationships with prospective customers.
The Marketing Minute
We share the top marketing tips we find weekly to keep you at the top of your game.